Thursday, July 14, 2011

We got our internet back today so I am able to write on here again. I have a lot of time on my hands now days. Glen works long crazy hours so I have A LOT of time! Here is what has been going on the last couple weeks:

1: We bought a house! 
Its really fun decorating it and fixing it up. It didn't need a lot just a few fixtures and appliances. We are trying to get things done on it when Glen has his days off. Its really nice to have a place of our own considering we have only had our own place the first 5 months of us being married. I took some before and after pictures of the house so ill post those as soon as we get everything finished!

2. Glen works way long hours.
So the last month or so Glen has been working the swing shift. he leaves for work around 4:00 in the afternoon and doesn't get home til 4:30 in the morning most of the time. Sometimes he wont get home til 6:00 am or even 7:00. It just depends on what is going on. I feel bad because he has to make a commute of about 3hrs a day to go to work. But the good news is that his shift changes in a week! He got days! So no more long lonely nights for me!

3. Found a place to student teach!
After 4 long months of calling every single school in the Phoenix area, I found a school that will take me. The only thing is the school that I found is in Ajo. The same place Glen drives everyday for work 1 1/2 hrs away. How ironic is that. Arizona had a big budget cut and thought that cutting school health would be the best thing (considering 1/2 of America is overweight) and decided to combined health and P.E. Since Im not going to be a P.E  non of those schools worked for me. Ajo High School only offers Health to 9th grade students and only in fall. So I really lucked out, and now I don't have to worry about not graduating! Glen and I also get to spend more time together during the day because will be pretty much on the same schedule and we get to make the long drive together!

Our little guy is 22 1/2 weeks!
a little update
I cant believe our little guy, is already 22 weeks! Its crazy how fast and slow time moves all at the same time. He is going through a growth spurt. I woke up about  a week ago and looked in the mirror and noticed the my belly has went from and inny to an outtie. I also feel like im hungry 24/7. He is moving around like crazy now. Its fun to feel him move. I pick on him already and will lay on my back and poke around at my stomach and make him move. I know he is thinking "Mom, stop it.. Im trying to sleep here! Its already crammed in here as it is." lol. Its fun cause his kicks are strong enough now that Glen is able to feel them. I bet this is how Glen feels...
 
I think this cartoon is kinda funny. We still haven't decided on a name or agreed to really anything. Boy names are so hard. I feel like our baby is going to one of those babies where they don't get named til a few weeks after they are born. We love him so much already and we can't wait to meet our little guy. Im excited to see Glen as a dad cause he is so great with kids and I know he is going to be great daddy!
Here is baby and I at 22 1/2 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. You are so tiny still, but I do see your little baby bump! Congrats on the house, Glen going to days, and finding a student teaching job!!

    ReplyDelete