Monday, July 18, 2011

Oh the joys!

Today I had a doctors appointment. I hate going to them because Im always scared for whats going to happen. Either on the scale or what they say they are going to do to me. Today was not one of the best appointments Ive had. I had a minor break down when I saw the number on the scale. I had no idea how ive gained so much weight already. I work out everyday and I don't eat junk. I am hungry all the time but I try not to run to the cookies and cakes. I even still fit into the same pants before I got pregnant. It was horrible. So im trying to to focus on the numbers on the scale and just try to embrace that I could gain a whole lot of weight. Im hoping that what Im gaining is a lot more blood volume and water.. not so much fat. Then my doctor tells me we are going to run a glucose test because i've been having a lot of sugar in my urine ( I know... TMI) I was like ok... Not knowing I was going to be chillin in the doctors office for an hour then get stabbed with a needle at the end of the hour wait! I seriously hate shots. I was wishing Glen was there to hold my hand and keep me calm. LoL (seriously).

To top off my great day at the doctors, I am now switching doctors again! I really like my doctor but she only delivers at West Valley which is one of the worst hospitals in Arizona. Every person I have asked about the hospital has had some sort of reply along the lines of "NO! Don't go there if you want to come out alive!" Which makes me feel really comfortable and confident in delivering my first child. The NO! Statement is usually followed by some horror story that they have experienced or someone they know has experienced. So I asked around and found another doctor that a lot of people have recommended. The doctor delivers at one of the best hospitals in the west part of phoenix, and its only another 5-10 minuets away. The doctors are a husband and wife and everyone seems to love them. I hope everything will work out and I won't have to switch again, and stop stressing before the baby comes.

I just love these cartoons. This is how I felt today! Lol

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, one of my sister in laws gained 80 or 90 with her last two kids. lol. Now that would be depressing! It is good you are gaining it is all going to the cute little baby in your belly! I can't believe you still fit in your pre-preggo pants either! Now that is an accomplishment:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing since you didn't say you had to go back that you passed the glucose test? I failed the one hour with both Bransen and Tyler. Then I had to go back in and sit for THREE hours and get stabbed FOUR times. I hate needles too.

    ReplyDelete