Saturday, October 22, 2011

Being a helpful citizen.. Maybe not on the border...

To top off my week of having Izzy attack another dog and leave us paying $ 2,000 dollars I got a little more excitement. So my friend Sherry came out to visit me, I felt bad because we are staying in Ajo during the week (which is on the border of Mexico). I got done with school and noticed Izzy was in heat. I had to go try and find some doggy diapers so I decided to go to one of the only stores in town.... The Family Dollar. As Sherry and I are walking around family dollar trying to figure out how to make normal diapers fit. We noticed this lady walking around the store with a pile of stuff and a baby underneath everything she had piled up. We thought it was a little weird. We went up to the register and she was checking out as well. We started talking to the lady. She didn't speak a whole lot of English. She showed up her baby and told us her baby was 6 days old. My friend Sherry offered to carry her bags out to the car. She started acting a little weird and was like no...no.. its ok. Sherry just grabbed the bags and walked out with her. I stayed in the store to ask the lady that worked at Family Dollar if knew where I could find some doggy diapers. She told me to go down to the Dollar General and check. So I walk out side, Sherry and the lady are standing outside our car taking to this big guy. I don't think much about it and tell Sherry that they don't have doggy diapers and we need to check Dollar General. The guy cut me off and was very aggressive and was like do you know this lady!! Pointing to the lady with the baby. I looked at his badge and it says Department of Homeland Security. I got a little scared and was like no...? The next thing I know were surrounded my border patrol, sheriffs, and K-9 unit dogs. He then tells us that the lady is under investigation because she was caring A MILLION DOLLARS! She was meeting someone there to make a trade!! They started searching her car and released us to go. How crazy is that! 1 MILLION DOLLARS?? We wrecked a investigation by trying to be a good citizen! oh the crazy life I live!

1 comment:

  1. that's crazy. too bad you couldn't have been the recipient of some of that million without any bad consequences of course!!

    ReplyDelete